Carpentry flooring can be an asset for any home. The only problem is that it should be done properly or it would be totally wasted. This means that a lot depends on the person who would be doing the installation for you. Whether it is going to be yourself or you would be hiring some carpenter, there are certain steps that would have to be followed. Here are some tips for floor installation which can make the task a lot easier:
- Most of the difficulties encountered when installing wooden floors stem from moisture. Either there is too much of it in the wood or there is too little. Both conditions would result in the flooring not being installed in the proper way. Wood that dries up a lot after it has been installed can cause gaps in it to develop.
- Sometimes wooden floor installations might develop some odd sound or squeaking soon after installation. What you can do is to add screws for holding it in place. The screws will hold it down even after you start walking on it.
- One of the most crucial questions when it comes to wood installation is, when to have it installed. The thing with this material is that it can absorb and release moisture. The ideal time to have it installed is when it is perfectly balanced with its environment, when it is not absorbing or releasing moisture. How does one figure that out? The simple answer is to use a moisture meter.
- A moisture meter would measure the amount of moisture contained on the lumber material and the foundation. Ideally they should have the same reading, so they could be in equilibrium.
- Spring and fall are the seasons when it would be ideal to install wooden flooring. These are the periods when the level of moisture in the environment is not too extreme.
- You ought to be careful on the actual installation. The way that you rack the boards that you will be using will have an overall effect on the way that the floor would turn. Bad racking can cause the boards to form odd patterns that would not only look bad, but can be potentially dangerous because it can trip people.
- You should be careful to use the right amount of nails and fasteners for the boards. Too much nails could cause some damages while too few of them could cause the boards to become loose and can cause squeaks.
These are just some of the tips that you can use when it comes to installing carpentry flooring.